Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2002 villager no puls from engine control module to injector…

2002 villager no puls from...
2002 villager no puls from engine control module to injector
10/19/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have any stored codes?
Also, do you have power to the injectors?

No codes. We have power to injectors but no puls from control module

Ok

If you spray carb cleaner or starting fluid into the throttle, will it run for a few seconds? Or is there no spark as well?

Sorry, I am not able to make a call at this time.

But if it will run off added fuel, then it's usually an issue with the computer itself. If not, then you don't have injector pulse or spark. That could be a problem with the cam sensor or timing belt. If the cam sensor isn't working you won't have spark or injector pulse. Since it's part of the distributor, if the timing belt is broken the cam sensor won't spin and you won't get pulse or spark.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

If we spay in air intake it starts sometimes for a moment

Ok

I would then check the computer for codes, make sure there isn't one in there for the cam and or crank sensor. If there isn't, then I would replace the computer. I don't think this vehicle has the immobilizer system. If it does have a security light and it's not going out when cranking, then the key lost programming and the injector pulse has been turned off by the computer. If not though, it's looking like it needs a computer.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

First we will order and try another computer. it will take a couples of days. Thanks

Sounds good. The cam and crank sensors are responsible for triggering injector pulse and spark. So, as long as you have power to the injectors, and spark, it's a pretty good case for the computer to not be doing it's job.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started