Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Whrat type of oil filter does the 2017 Toyota Corolla (1.8L)

use? Fram catalog shows a listing...
Whrat type of oil filter does the 2017 Toyota Corolla (1.8L) use?
Fram catalog shows a listing for both the regular spin-on and also the cartridge type filter.
Thank you.
10/19/2017
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

they did have both styles for this engine the spin on or the cartridge type

look under the car on the passenger side lower of the engine and see if you have this big black plastic cover as seen in the picture

if you do it is the cartridge type if it does NOT then it is the spin on type

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Does the VIN # help?

no as they had both types and the only way is to visually look i am sorry to say

Gary
Gary, Technician
Thanks!

anytime