Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

A crankshaft seal leak will cause the oil to spray

Jim So a crankshaft seal leak...
Jim
So a crankshaft seal leak will cause the oil to spray everywhere? All over the pulleys and into the alternator? I have a 07 accord 4cyl K24A8 and I can't seem to find the leak. It has my alternator and water pump full of oil and my power steering reservoir gets sprayed.It is on my passenger side collecting on the subframe. I would appreciate any feedback
10/18/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin yes this is very possible .the crank seal sits behind the crankshaft pully to as the oil runs out and down the back of pulley if leak is large enough it will get thrown everywhere all over pulleys and subframe

Thank you Kevin I will replace that seal and see if that fixes it.

No problem please rate my service and come back if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Will do Kevin