Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

On a 2001 7.3 powerstroke, how do you remove broken glow…

On a 2001 7.3 powerstroke...
On a 2001 7.3 powerstroke, how do you remove broken glow plug? inside rod/stick is still sticking out but the whole nut/sleeve assembly is off. Had it soaking in penetrant all night. Can get a needle nose vise grip on but it doesnt budge.
10/18/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

you can drill it out and re threaded,easier said then done , in some cases head have to come off .

what did you use for penetrating oil how long you soaked it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

About 12 hours. Seafoam deep creep is what I used.

ok that is what i would use to , 12 hours is long time ,if it would come off it would have by now .

did it get hot on you , or just broke off while replacing ?

Broke off while replacing. I guess will see if I leave it and let it go with one GP not working or try drilling.

if you drill ,be easy and do it for 60 secs at a time then stop ,wait let it cool and drill again ,wil take long time but time consuming ?

it wil still crank with 7

but i understand

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800