Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a situation where on 3 separate occasions the battery…

Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a situation where on 3 separate occasions the battery light flickered briefly (1-2 seconds) when the rpm dropped to 1000. Otherwise I see no other electrical problems. ??alternator, battery or what?
2006 Acura MDX
Alternator was replaced June 2016
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2017
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Generally a when a battery light comes on it indicates that the alternator is not charging. Sometimes it can happen at higher rpms, or sometimes lower rpms. Usually this can happen for a while but eventually the alternator will likely need to be replaced. It is also a good idea to check the connectors on the alternator for any looseness. You can run the vehicle and wiggle the wiring on/around the alternator to see if the light on the dash flickers. If not, likely the alternator is going to need to be replaced again.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back here to this chat. Thank you.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician