Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I asked the following question off a UK mecanic and although…

I asked the following question...
I asked the following question off a UK mecanic and although he answered the first part below he never answered my followup question about where to get the precise part:KIA Sportage MII 2006 - manual gearbox, I am having trouble changing gears into first and reverse when the vehicle is cold the garage says that it is the hydrolytic input and exit system that needs changing but they are having difficulty in getting it in France. Before I buy it online can youconfirm this is the problem, where is it on the gearbox and could I do it myself without a vehicle lift. The KIA has done only 150K is this normal that the gearbox has this trouble?
answer was:
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionBased upon the symptoms, I do agree with the diagnosis. It is locate inside the gearbox and requires dropping the gearbox and opening it up. This requires a lift and extensive knowledge of tearing down a gearbox and speciality tools150K is in the range when we start seeing gearbox failures on KiasMy follow up question was:
Can you supply me with parts numbers and where to get the right part as my mechanic has problems getting hold of KIA parts. A diagram of the piece would also be useful. I've used http://oscaro.com/ in the past for parts in Europe.I am stuck on this part and the repairs cannot proceed because we have not got the part necessary, can you help
10/13/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Im not sure what they mean by input and exit system part... unless the mean the valve body/solenoid pack

All I know is that it is to do with the hydraulic mechanism to change the gears. Hence why I asking for detailed expert advice. I am also translating from French to English but hydraulic and entry and exit are almost the same words. I can reconfirm with the garage and let you know Monday?

absolutley

OK I'll retalk to them

ok great. let me know

Clutch transmitter and receiver there is one in the car and on the gearbox

not familiar with those terms, sorry.

when you press the clutch pedal down is it electric or mechanic or hydrologique. The way he explains it in French it's the action of telling the gearbox it's going to change gear

not sure, so Im going to open this up to the others. please do not respond back or it will take the question off the board.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe it's the clutch master and slave cylinder that they are telling you needs to be replaced. The master cylinder sends pressure to the slave cylinder when the peal is pressed and the slave cylinder is what actuates the clutch. There isn't anything called an input and exit system or transmitter and receiver.

The parts can be obtained through a dealer, parts store, or through an online source. There are several vehicle build combinations, if you can post the VIN I should be able to give you part numbers and sources to obtain the parts.

thanks here's the VIN : KNDJF724667144793MPV

You have several extra characters there. The VIN is the 17 digit number on the plate at the base of the windshield.

Then it VIN : KNDJF724667144793
Please if possible can I have a diagram of the pieces so that I can show the garage before ordering the parts.

The master cylinder part number is ***** the slave cylinder is(###) ###-#### If you don't have a Kia dealer I'd recommend a Kia wholesale pats site such as this one.

The shop is aware of where the parts are located and how to replace them. These are elementary design, conventional parts that have been used since hydraulically clutches were conceived.

Do you know of any KIA parts suppliers in France or Europe?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
I've been able to take the drawings to the garage and confirm they are the ones
I will know if alls well when they are delivered, thank you for your help.