david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Traction control light and abs light both came on and will

traction control light and abs light both came on and will not shut off, tried disconnecting the neg. battery cable
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: currently just the abs and trac lights, but the buttun for trac control does nothing, the brake light had come on, but checked fluid, and light went off, but abs and trac light still on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2004 sebring conv. 2.7l 4 cyl.
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We're just trying to figure what may be causing the issue, but I would like to fix myself if possible.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you have an abs fault which also causes the trac light and brake light tio sometimes come on. the only way to find out what the abs fault is to have the abs module scanned for fault codes. a generic codes reader will not read abs codes. you need to find a shop that has a scan tool that reads the abs module. it probably a wheel speed sensor but you need to know which one

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that may be the case,but we thought that we would check and see if this was a common issue with these cars. We've had some electrical issues, had the alternator replaced, now the fan for ac only works on high, the back window has separated from the convertable top, and have a wet floorboard, on passenger side front. We bought the car last year, because it was such low mileage (73,000) thinking that we wouldn't have so many issues with it, man, were we wrong!

I totally understand. My number advice to all of my customers: never buy a chrysler product.

for the fan only working on high, replace the blower motor resistor module

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you.

you are welcome, please accept the answer and leave a 3 stars or more rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions are you;d like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, I will, and thank you again.

thank you