Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in

the car makes a whinning...
i have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in the car makes a whinning soun sound*
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no problems shifting or the clutch slipping
JA: Are you fixing your FR-S yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried to fix it my self or anything didn't want to break anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ma'am
10/12/2017
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

like a bearing noise?

I am not sure my first time owning a manual car. I have no problems shifting, and it doesn't feel like anything is slipping. the sound goes away when I release the clutch pedal

that sounds like a throw out bearing that is failing or possibly a pilot bearing...I would have your mechanic or a trans shop go for a test drive to verify

about what range are we talking about in cost?\

trans has to come out... usually 500 to 800 but if the clutch is original its the pefect time to update it

john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
thank you so much man you have been helpful, I was reading somewhere that it might cost on average 1200 and I was about to go drive it off a cliff (joking)
john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy