john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in

i have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in the car makes a whinning soun sound*
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no problems shifting or the clutch slipping
JA: Are you fixing your FR-S yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried to fix it my self or anything didn't want to break anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ma'am

like a bearing noise?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am not sure my first time owning a manual car. I have no problems shifting, and it doesn't feel like anything is slipping. the sound goes away when I release the clutch pedal

that sounds like a throw out bearing that is failing or possibly a pilot bearing...I would have your mechanic or a trans shop go for a test drive to verify

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
about what range are we talking about in cost?\

trans has to come out... usually 500 to 800 but if the clutch is original its the pefect time to update it

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you so much man you have been helpful, I was reading somewhere that it might cost on average 1200 and I was about to go drive it off a cliff (joking)