Michael Solis
Michael Solis,
Experience:  Lead Tech at Solis Auto Repair
99786211

I see that there is a problem with the door panel separating

I see that there is a problem with the door panel separating on 2014 Explorers. Mine has separated and I bought it in October 2013. The dealer said it is not covered by Ford or my extended warranty, and it will cost me over 300.00 to fix. I feel since they know it is defective, they should fix it for me. Is this a recall item?
JA: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I saw it the other day, and took it in to service today. Just saw online that Ford knows there is a problem with separation of driver's door panel on 2014 Explorers. Shouldn't Ford fix it for me?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

You are most definitely correct, it is a known issue for the door panel to seperate. Are you trying to find out if there is a recall on it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
or to find out if Ford is fixing this. My dealer's service department told me it wasn't covered under my extended warranty and it would cost me over 300.00 for them to fix it. Doesn't seem fair for a defect issue.

It is a common issue, but not to the point where it is a safety hazard causing a recall on it. It is usually caused by weather. There is a document regarding this issue by ford, but only as a TSB. Ford recognizes it is a problem, but unfortunately, it is not a recall issue. However, it does appear that ford has discounted the cost of repairs. It is usually a 500 or higher cost. If you would like to see the TSB document I can attach it here if you like, but it will not be something ford will usually honor, Would you like to see the file?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's OK. Thanks for your quick reply. Just don't see how weather plays in to this on inside of car. It was garage kept from day one.

No problem! Enjoy the rest of your day!