Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I appreciate all your help & guidance with the trans kit &

Customer Question
Hello. I appreciate all your...
Hello. I appreciate all your help & guidance with the trans kit & EFI. I just received those products. They are extremely impressive. I was wondering one thing, how will the EFI & trans computer communicate with each other? I have a manual accelerator.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
10/6/2017
Auto Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

You will need to purchase a break out harness for a GM TPS sensor to be able to tap into the harness. Casper Electronics sells a clip in harness pt# ***** click here for that. You can then splice the trans system into the fi tech throttle position sensor.

You'll also need a gm map sensor and connector for the transmission control. that part number is *****# 16137039, you can get it here then you'll need the pigtail which can be found here. You want to connect the map sensor to a full time vacuum source on the fi tech throttle body or intake itself. You can then wire that into the transmission controller.

Sounds a little complicated but not much to it. My suggestion is to set up your fi tech unit, then the TPS splice and finally map sensor and then wire up your trans controller.

You should get very good service out of this set up.