Car

I want to install a used ecu and get new keys for toyota…

I want to install a...
I want to install a used ecu and get new keys for toyota corolla 2009 and 2004 so i want to know if i can use a ck 100 to program it after i install it... Read full answer
I want to install a used ecu and get new keys for toyota corolla 2009 and 2004 so i want to know if i can use a ck 100 to program it after i install it
10/5/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Yes, the ck100 will program the keys for the toyota

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will i need a different programming for the ecu or if i programmed the new key with the swapped ecu it will work perfectlyWill it work perfectly after using the ck 100 to program the keys even with the swapped ecu

HI,

yes, it will work perfectly doing that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HelloThank you very much. I will notify you when i am done fixing itMy ck 100 programmer has corolla 2005 as part of its compatible cars list but not 2004. Can it work for 2004

HI,

yes it will work for a 2004

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I need a different programming for the ecu or should I just program the key and everything starts working perfectly
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech. Do you still require assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all I was told to do but still the car wont crank or start

Oh so it wont crank either? The ECU will not stop the vehicle from cranking

Have you checked out any starter circuit components?

I can walk you through all your tests and needs with your help we can solve this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the starter motor starter solenoids and fusesI will be very grateful if you can walk me through itThe cars were imported from the u.s.a dismantled. So we had to install the former engine before I installed an ecu and program the keysThe keys were unable the complete programming. The timer just kept reading for more than 30mins which is unusual using the ck 100I checked the fuel pump also. It does not supply fuel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am working on the cars right now

Ok lets attack one problem at a time. Check for power at the starter, both the cable end for constant battery voltage and the solenoid wire for voltage when key on start position. Let me know your results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is voltage on the constant voltage point but not on the solenoid when key is on start position

now we need to back probe to the starter relay to see if there is voltage there , one will be constant and the other activated when key turned to start position. let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no voltage on the starter relayThere is no voltage from the fuse box under the dashboard to get to the relay

So there is no voltage at all to the relay? Not even the constant voltage?

If this is the case then check the fuse-able-links in the main fuse block under the hood.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked all the fusable links under the dash and the hood. They are all okay. But I traced the wire from the starter solenoid to the passenger side under the hood and right to the fusible link by the drivers side but there is no voltage to that wire from thereI already traced the grounding wires in the 2008 corolla and I found out that two grounding wires in the engine compartment were disconnected. It cranked after connecting but not starting and I keep getting link error when connecting a scanner to get the error codesThanks very much. I'm getting somewhere. Can the integrated relay box cause the no crank no start problem in the 2004
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HelloI found out that the ecu in the 2008 corrola is full of water which means I I bad. But I still haven't gotten anywhere with the 2004I still haven't got a Solution to it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have still not got a response from a new auto mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After changing the ecu for the 09 corolla the car cranks but it does not start. After thoroughly tracing the voltage and fuses there is voltage on all the ecu ig fuses am fuses and stop fuse. There is voltage +12v on the nozzle but ground is not on the nozzle. The 04 does not crank at allI don't know why I don't get answers because I haven't gotten a solution to what I paid forI keep sending messages but no response
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am a locksmith trying to program a new key to a Toyota
I am a locksmith trying to program a new key to a Toyota 2002 Solara. My programming device shows me an OnBoardProgram but it requires a registered master key which the customer doesn't have. How to g… read more
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Auto Service Technician,
My corolla 2009 is jerking when its shifting from 1st gear
My corolla 2009 is jerking when its shifting from 1st gear to second gear … read more
Andrew
Andrew
Level A Technician,
Technical Certificate
Where you find the part number for ECU 2001 Honda Civic LX,
where you find the part number for ECU 2001 Honda Civic LX, do not have original. … read more
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
VW Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a 2011 toyota corolla s and I lost keys. my bf tried
i have a 2011 toyota corolla s and I lost keys. my bf tried to use screwdriver and actually got car to turn over but it wont start … read more
Kevin
Kevin
workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester,
Ihave a2007 toy corolla 1.8 litre auto fuel pump iis inop
ihave a2007 toy corolla 1.8 litre auto fuel pump iis inop after testing applicapable relays fuses and circuits found ground circuit from ecu to copn relay open(pin 10 on ecu g-r wire not sure where to… read more
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl
Auto Motive Instructor,
Automotive tech
I HAVE A QUESTION WILL A 2007 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8 ENGINE FIT
I HAVE A QUESTION WILL A 2007 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8 ENGINE FIT ON A 2009 TOYOTA MATRIX 1.8 WILL THERE BE MODIFICATIONS i HAVE TO DO . THANK YOU… read more
Andrew
Andrew
Level A Technician,
Technical Certificate
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
The car starts and runs, but it is in safe mode which means
The car starts and runs, but it is in safe mode which means you can only drive it 15 mph. I was told it needs a new computer. Can I purchase a used ECU and reset it by unplug battery, that would cure … read more
Automotive Repair Shop Manager,
PASSION COUPE: lost key.dealer gave a new one.car would not
lost key.dealer gave a new one.car would not start with key.repair guy was told and he said that was because the key was not programmed.he said it will be done and ready by the next day.next day guy s… read more
Rudolph Diesel
Rudolph Diesel
Service manager/ Master mechanic,
rx 300: I have lost all keys to my lexus rx300. I need new
I have lost all keys to my lexus rx300. I need new keys and a new alarm but do not wish to go through the dealer, what is the best option? UK and Portugal have said I need a new lock set, and electric… read more
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician,
freelander..startup. it shuts down the ground side signal from the ecu
Hello, owner of a 2002 Freelander. I have a problem with the main engine ECU cutting out after anywhere from 5 mins to 30 mins after startup. it shuts down the ground side signal from the ECU to the i… read more
Billy
Billy
Bachelor's degree
2004 Montero Sport: ignition key..it reprogrammed..ignition switch
I am in Iraq and I have a 2004 Montero Sport that we have lost the ignition key. It is impossible to have the vehicle sent to the States to have it reprogrammed. We installed an aftermarke ignition sw… read more
Ironmike
Ironmike
ASE Master ,Ford Certified Master Tech,
Montero: my master key and i just got a new blank transponder key
lost my master key and i just got a new blank transponder key. after i get it cut i want to know how can i program it to start my montero.… read more
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
Bcm..the content theft deterrent arm/disarm mode..silverado..unlocked
how do you go into bcm programming mode to change the content theft deterrent arm/disarm mode on a silverado 2009 to where it disarms when the door is unlocked with the key.… read more
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
Auto Service Tech,
2009 scion xd: chip..aftermarket..cold air intake kit void..warranty
Will a performace chip and aftermarket cold air intake kit void the warranty on my 2009 scion xd?… read more
Josh Roberson
Josh Roberson
Technician,
2004 Toyota Corolla: 000 miles..month warranty..car back..used engine
I just purchased a 2004 Toyota Corolla with 78,000 miles and while driving in home...smoke was observed by my husband following me in the car behind. The car has a 3 month warranty from a small dealer… read more
lexpert
lexpert
Technician,
2007 toyota corolla: i misplaced the master key and the new key
please do you have the programming instructions to programme a duplicate key for a 2007 toyota corolla. i misplaced the master key and the new key i just bought from the toyota dealer would not start … read more
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Owner,
Toyota Corolla: ignition lock..mechanic replaced..new keys
My Toyota Corolla needed a new ignition lock as I could no longer get the key to turn it. A mechanic replaced the lock and got new keys but dicovered that the car did not always start. Sometimes it st… read more
ttiger79
ttiger79
Auto Mechanic,
2004 Toyota Corolla: programmed..It slips one or two numbers
I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla. The radio will not stay on the station that it programmed to. It slips one or two numbers up or down the dial. It starts after the radio has been on for about 10 minutes.… read more
cardoctor69
cardoctor69