Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

99 town car no start no scanner comuncation scanner comes on…

Customer Question
99 town car no...

99 town car no start no scanner comuncation scanner comes on did all fuse n wire cks. Repl a windshield with used with used mirror on it .did that do something

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Batt charged lites work. No inh

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have inj pulse either car drove in n a changed windshield no no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is anything in the anti thieft sys to do with this. My anti lite on dash blinks steady fast with key on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
10/5/2017
Auto Mechanic: Gene, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so it started fine before the windshield was replaced? Does the check engine light turn on when the key is turned on and if it does, does it turn off when cranking the engine?

Turns off while crankin
I even pulled out ecm to look for water damage.ckd the diag plug gnds n hots all there. All fuses ck ok repl all bad ones
I switched rr mirror back to original. Dono if it had a sensor in it

Ok so the light works, so the PCM power relay is working and the powertrain control module should be getting power since the relay is working( It turns on the engine light when the key is turned to on). When the pcm gets an rpm signal it turns the engine light off when cranking. Do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail? You replaced the front windhshield? You said you have injector pulse, you have spark? Will it try and start if you spray carb cleaner into the intake? The anti theft light flashes when the key is on?

No inj pulse. Not int gnd has hot side. Got fuel pressure
Wont start on fluid

Ok which light is flashing the red THEFT lamp is flashing fast when the key is turned to the on position? Your scan tool will not communicate with the pcm, but it will power up off the data link connector, pin 16 on the DLC has power?

Red lite flashes fast on on pos my scann comes on but cant get any info or do any test. Its a snapon solus

Ok im sorry but im a little confused. Just to clairfy. The red Theft lamp is flashing fast when you are turning the key to on. This means there is an issue with the PATS key not being read by the security system. But im more concerned that the scan tool cant communicate with the vehicle. Will it work on another car if you try it. You said all fuses are good, you are powering the scan tool through the data link connector or through a cigar lighter/power point? You have power to pin 16 on the data link connector?

No 16 is that the bottom rt yes batt voltage
Tried another scanner. No comm either

Ok I will opt out then, it should communciate with pin 16 hot and the check engine light working. Another expert may be of more help to you.

Ok do i still have to pay the xtra 19$
U really only ckd wat i triple ckd already. Dono if the anti tft has me locked out cause the fast blinkn red lite