Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Making a strange noise when accelerating woud it be comming…

Customer Question
Second opinion] making a strange...
Second opinion] making a strange noise when accelerating woud it be comming from transmissionJA: Have you heard this particular sound before?Customer: no car has done 2700o kmJA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?Customer: 2006 i.5 g modelJA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: yes put new bearings in tension pulleyJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
10/5/2017
Auto Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 7 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

Does it only happen under acceleration, and not when allowing the car to decelerate in gear? Does it happen within a certain speed range, or just anytime you are accelerating? What leads you to believe that it may be the transmission, can you rev the engine in gear with the car at a stop, holding the brakes? Or is it only when vehicle is moving?

Could you describe the sound?

noise has goe thanks
noise has gone thanks for your reply

ok, check back if you have any further issues

no further issues
no further issues noise has gone thanks for your help

ok, thanks.

took plastic shield off eems to have gone thanks alot
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician