Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Put on new fuel pump it try to start but wont. Original I…

Customer Question
Put on new fuel...

Put on new fuel pump it try to start but wont

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original I think

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 bravada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bravada yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put on new rusty lines and fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Went out one day and it just didn't start

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/29/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok can you tell me everything you have done so far to fix this issue

changed fuelpump and fuel lines

ok so when trying to start have you verified power and ground at fuel pump?