FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo 6 L We installed a new fuel pump

2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo 6 L We installed a new fuel pump and ran fine for a few weeks but now suddenly it just stall while driving almost like out gas then after we let it cool for a while it fires again then it stalls again ,, no fault codes stored or check light is there any relays for the fuel pump for this vehicle or any clues where should I look thanks

Hello, my name is***** does sound like you have a relay issue. There is a relay for the fuel pump and a relay called the ASD relay. These are in the relay box under the hood. Both of these are susceptible to overheating and failing and then working again once they cool. You can either replace them or switch them with a similar relay to see if that takes care of the problem. It may also be a crank sensor that is failing, but the relays are more common. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Will a crank sensor trow a faulty code if bad?

Not always. Some of the time if it just loses signal all of a sudden the computer cannot make out that the sensor is failing. It just thinks that it was turned off.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
OK I will check on the relay first is the crank sensor located at the front or back

It is located at the read of the engine on the driver side in the transmission bell housing.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Do you have a picture of the fuse box with the relay location if possible I'm trying to help my dad over the phone he is in a different town thank you

I do not have a picture but the box for the relays is right behind the battery. The cover should list the relay locations if it is original.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hello sir following up on my issue we did check all fuses and relays all are good also did put a new crank sensor and we still have same issue any clue where else we can check vehicle still die when it runs for a few minutes specially when hot weather
If it typically has to do with heat then it is electrical. It can be a computer issue, or ignition switch. You need to check and see if it is losing spark or fuel when this occurs.