Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2012 Equus Driving and front of car dropped all the way to…

Customer Question
2012 Equus Driving and...

2012 Equus Driving and front of car dropped all the way to the tires. sounded like air released and it dropped. Back end still raised

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires are new. It had to do with the air suspension

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to see if there was not a reset switch or something

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/25/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately what happens that I have run into several times before is one of the front air shocks will develop a leak suddenly and causes this fault here.This will cause both sides to drop in allot of cases.Since the rear still operates this indicates the compressor and the exhaust valve are all o.k.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked in the suspension computer to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

The air shocks need checked over as well to see if any leaks are seen in the bag around them with a faulty air shock needing replaced.In some cases when a leak is hard to see you would need to use a spray bottle with soapy water in it to spray around the air shocks to help locate the leaking shock.The bubble will either move around rapidly on the air shock indicating a leak or will blow up and pop.

This does have to be checked into though to locate and repair the leak/fault and leaking shocks are the most common cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete