Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Have a 2013 Fiat - yesterday after starting car the ESC,

Customer Question
CHECK ENGINE, check TRANSMISSION lights...
Have a 2013 Fiat - yesterday after starting car the ESC, CHECK ENGINE, check TRANSMISSION lights came on. Drove car day before..it was perfectly fine. When I put car in reverse, it jolts. When in drive, acceleration is low, picks up after awhile. HELP! THANK YOU!
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/25/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.A shop or dealer can read out, diagnose and repair this issue for a fee.A local parts store can usually read out the codes at no charge to you.There will be at least one code set for this fault here that will help to locate the issue.If you can get this code and post back here with it this will help.

With what you have described though the jolt in reverse and sluggish acceleration this can be a fault with a pressure control solenoid in the transmission or valve body issue or may be a fault with a vehicle speed sensor or another transmission sensor at fault as these can be common needing replaced.These will cause the jolt and acceleration fault.Having the codes checked though will definitely narrow this down to pinpoint the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete