Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z touring edition (VIN#

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2003...
Hi, I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z touring edition (VIN# *****).I need to find out which one of the wheel sensors
controls the speedometer.I had thought the one I needed was part# ***** and connects to both rear wheels.However
I was told since my car has a manual transmission it does not have this part but has two separate sensors for the rear and front.
Please advise which part I need with the part number and provide any links to the repair info.Also one of my low beam headlights is out, does this car have one bulb for both or separate ones for low and high beams.In one place it says to use the H7 bulb and another to use the D2R bulb.I think the touring is supposed to use the xenon bulb in the low beam but I am confused.
THANK YOU!
Tommy
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/23/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
I will try to help you with it , in this car ,we have 4 wheel speed sensors and they send signals to meter (ip panel the display thru the VDC/tsc/abs control unit
The part # you have is rear sensors correct, but usualy in no speed that is no the issue we the module and the meter in its path , they way to know is to scan with factory scaner or equivelant and retrieve fault codes and based on these code I can pull up a pin point test and we can be accurate ?
And also we can pull up all 4 sensors and drive down the road and see the speed signal for each one and see which one is not working if any , most case the meter or the module is the issue but testing is needed to be confirmed , or it will be a guess and you end up throwing parts at it and problem is not fixed get it scaned ,any shop now days has capable scaner but not the auto zone one basic code reader that want do since it in,y read engine codes only , so we need one that can see nissan abs module and pull up live data,I know you looking for answer on this one but There is one on this with out testing , ifthe meter is needed ,a factory scaner is needed at that time to program to car , the sensor and the module u can replace on your own , so the start on this get me fault codes and post hem back here for me and I can help you further .Now the bulbs I have to look it up for you .
Please click on link to view PDF file and description of speed signal .Please let me know
Chad