Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 01 town and country. It stauled and now won't

Customer Question
I have a 01...

I have a 01 town and country. It stauled and now won't crank. Battery tested good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

No, but doesn't turn over, no click at starter nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm fixing myself. I replaced the starter with a used one. No change in way it acts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/22/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

If you remove the starter relay, hold the key in the start position, are there 2 pins with power if you check them all?

Was it running bad prior to stalling?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

For some reason I got charged $31 and $46. Do you know why that would be? I wasn't able to open your response until today, not sure if something with my tablet or not. I replaced the ECM on van 5 yrs ago, decided to send out to them to test. Can I still test power to starter relay without ECM? I should get answer monday if ECM is good or not. Also, van wasn't running poorly prior to stalling

I have nothing to do with the fees, nor do I know what fees you have paid. All I can see is what I get paid if you rate my answer once I post one. You can contact the website to ask them about the fees you paid and agreed to.

Ok, I will rate your answer. I was hoping to fix the van with your guidance, but for some reason couldn't open your response until now. Couldn't wait so sent ECM out to be checked, thats my best guess whats wrong. When I find out monday if ECM is bad or not, I'll get back to you. If ECM is good I'll definitely still need your help, if its bad I'll replace it and rate your answer then.

I have not posted an answer yet, so you can not rate. I am and was still in the diagnosing process. This is all I have sent so far about this car concern.

Was it running bad prior to stalling?