Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I just had a clutch job done on a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe

I just had a clutch job done on a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe with a manual transmission. What I noticed after this was done was there was a significant amount of road noise around the gear shifter area and when you pull back on the rubber boot around the shifter you could see the road surface.
What components do you think are missing to reduce this road noise and is it possible to obtain a diagram of the missing components?
Thank you.

There is suppose to be a molded foam filler around the shifter to block out the noise. Many shops either damage them or just flat out do not put them back in. You should go back tot he shop that did the work and see if they still have the foam filler.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks for that answer. Is there a specific part number you can provide so I can purchase from Infiniti Dealer?

Let me see if I can find that for you.

Can you post the vin number for me so I can better find the correct part number for you?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am sorry I don't have the vin # readily available at this moment but I can get it for you tomorrow.

That will be ok. Just bookmark this page so you can come back easier.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Okay. Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks!

You are very welcome.

I believe that this is the correct part number for you, 74967JK000 FLOOR FITTING - INSULATOR-TRANSMISSION HOLE COVER. It runs about $41.00

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Excellent! Thanks for your help!

You are very welcome.