Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

03 sable, stopped accelerating at highway speeds. No

03 sable, stopped accelerating at highway speeds. No movement in any gear
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Original to car
JA: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just beginning, trying to figure if it was shift linkage or electrical. Maybe the ccrm?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oddly no

Ok, that would usually eliminate any electrical malfunction and point to a mechanical issue with the transmission. I would start by checking the transmission fluid. Make sure it's not burned or smells bad. Also look at the axles to make sure one didn't break. Odd as that sounds, I have seen it happen and the car won't move. I think if this looks good from the outside, you are going to have to drop the pan and look for metal filings in it or signs the internal clutch discs have come apart. Sometimes even though the check engine light isn't on, the O/D light may flash, that would indicate a stored code as well.

Always start with the fluid check first of course.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!