Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2014 300 6cyl in the past couple of months I began…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 300 6cyl in the past couple of months I began experiencing hesitation upon acceleration it seemed to get better then recently it got worse and the check engine light goes on and off which it didn't do before I had it checked by a dealer and asked if it could be a fuel filter I was told that there was no fuel filter and it might just be bas gas I tried adding dry gas and injector cleaner but the problem still exists

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks occasionaly on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I just tried using the additives as mentioned all work is done by my local dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO that's my only problem

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Car
9/21/2017
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you know the fault code and or codes that should have set when the Check engine light was coming on?