EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Need to know how to apply dorman # 03006. I have a gmc yukon

need to know how to apply dorman # 03006. I have a gmc yukon and trying to take slack out of emergency cable but the part doens't show how its applied.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The cable goes over the roller, under the hook, then over the other roller. As you tighten the hook down it puts a "U" in the cable. Thus shortening the cable and taking up the slack.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
is it better to do it in the front or by the rear near where the intermediate cable join the rear wheel cables.

Generally it goes in the rear, but whereever you have space to hook it up will work.