Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2006 v6 accord with an intermittant problem where…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 v6 accord with an intermittant problem where the starter wont engage when you turn the key. i replaced the battery with the same result. when it starts everything is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the wheel, the keys look normal for the wear and age

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the batt and neg cable. and then had a local shop look at it.they could not find anything, the car started like it should while at the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could i have an issue with the battery in the key fob

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. when it doesnt start are you getting just one single click?

do you still need help?