Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My oil was overfilled by 1/2 quart by the dealer - is this a

My oil was overfilled by 1/2 quart by the dealer - is this a problem.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: a month ago.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2017 Nissan Murano
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.A 1/2 quart won't hurt anything. It's not suggested to do and if it was a quart or more I'd suggest action. But a 1/2 quart won't hurt anything. That being said it's easy to drain a little.
Let me know if you have any questions.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I satisfactorily answer your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is difficult for me to drain from the bottom of the car. I purchased an oil extractor, but it won't fit through the dipstick hole. I just want to be sure that the extra will not cause any engine or other damage.