Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My ac fuse in my Suzuki XL7 keeps blowing, Yes it's a 25…

Customer Question
My ac fuse in...

My ac fuse in my Suzuki XL7 keeps blowing

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes it's a 25 amp.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XL-7?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XL-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have someone else looking at it. He was thinking that the compreesor was causing the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Auto Mechanic: Master Auto Tech., master tech. replied 8 months ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Give me a few min as I look up your car
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So the fuse powers your compressor and the condenser fan. To figure out if it's the fan or the compressor causing it, unplug both and retry the ac. If it blows it's the wiring. If not plug the compressor in and if it blows it's the compressor. If it still doesn't blow plug the fan in and if it blows it's the fan.
Let me know if this helpsI strive to provide 5 star service. If I satisfactorily answer your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Did this help or can help further?
I just wanted to check, how did everything work out? Do you still need help? Just let me know. Thanks
I waiting for the person working on the car to get back to me so he can check it out. The instruction look straight forward.
No problem. Just let me know if you need more help or when your satisfied with my help.
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.