Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

WHAT DOES THE SOLENOID DO ON A TRACTOR STARTER, A SERIES OF…

Customer Question
WHAT DOES THE SOLENOID...

WHAT DOES THE SOLENOID DO ON A TRACTOR STARTER

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

A SERIES OF RAPID ONES

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

BRELARUS 562 TRACTOR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES, NEW BATTERIES, CABLES, CONNECTIONS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I GOT IT WORKING 3 DAYS AGO BUT TODAY, NO DEAL EVEN WITH THE 50AMP JUMP

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/20/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

The solenoid is nothing more than a relay. You can not send power direct to the starter motor because the wire end would wear out from the sudden load. The starter has one wire that is constant power. The starter is grounded via its mounting bolts. The starter solenoid gets signal from the key and completes a circuit that closes a switch and allows the starter to spin and engage. If both wires are powered at the starter when trying to start then you have a starter concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris