Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Had new tyres on my boxer based autosleeper and now the

had new tyres on my boxer based autosleeper and now the speedo doesn't work. They jacked it up on one side at a time by lifting the chasis. I think it might have pulled the cable out of the speedo sensor. It worked for about 5 mins on my way home and then packed in. Can you tell me where the sensor is so I can check. Thanks
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Its the speedometer sensor. How would I know if a trouble code had been triggered?
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: This is not a mini. It is an Autosleeper motor home based on a peugot Boxer van.
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It isn't a mini
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

that make sense what you describing could have happened ?

now the speedo sensor is located on the Trsnsmission ,between engine & trans where they meet , a round sensor that gets inserted in between the 2 and it pick up speed signal from flywheel or it will mounted on the read diff or from the abs sensors ,

is yours equipped with anti lock brakes ? did you simply look under it for any loose wires,check trans, diff & wheel areas

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I'm going to try and have a look after work today. The motorhome is about 12 years old and I've had it for about a year. I don't think its got antilock brakes. I'm going to look for a loose wire later today - its at a storage place. If I put the wheels on full right hand lock will I be able to see the speed sensor - is it somewhere up near the right hand drive shaft upper CV joint?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I meant left hand lock so I could see the behind the front right wheel

it will be located in the where the cv axle meets the hub , and usual hooked with 10 mm bolt .

to know if you have anti lock , turn switch on ,if it does have it , you will the anti - lock warning light yellow come on for few seconds and go out

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
thanks, I'll check it later today

what chassis is it on ?what model truck ?

i can try to look it up , a lot different set up , the idea is the sensor is picking up the speed from wheels or drive terrain parts ,

but u did say it worked for 5 mins then went away, so hopefully it go loose and after 5 min completely went out

now if u have access to capable scanner you can also look for faults ,post them back here for me i help further

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800