Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2014 Fiesta SFE. All started at same time - hood open

2014 Fiesta SFE. All...

2014 Fiesta SFE. All started at same time - hood open warning comes on when hood is securely closed, 4-way flashers come on by themselves and car alarm comes on by itself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Automatic lights that seem to be coming on properly. As well car starts fine so I believe that the battery is fully charged. It is a 3 month old battery by the way.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta SFE yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am not fixing it myself; I am taking it to the dealership but they did not give me a confident feeling. What I am doing in the meantime is disconnecting the battery every time I park the car (so the neighbors don't come out and lynch me for the 2 am car alarm)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

9/19/2017
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

the hood latch has a sensor and they are common for failure thats likley the culprit im sure they will charge one hour to diagnose unless its under warranty

What about the 4-way flashers and the alarm?

all from the hood latch common issue

john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Thank you

sometimes its just a loose electrical connector at the hood latch but majority of the time its the latch itself