Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I replaced the rear brake pads, rotors and one caliper on my

I replaced the rear brake pads, rotors and one caliper on my 2006 Yukon Denali. Now the service brake message and stability disabled messages appear. The brakes seem to be fine and no ABS light.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just the brake light, not the ABS
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I unplugged the reservoir level switch to no effect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the rotor and pads then the caliper was stuck and the message appeared. I replaced the caliper and the brakes seem fine.

Good morning,

When replacing the caliper were you able to perform an ABS bleed on the system with a compatible scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We did bleed the caliper thoroughly. I am not familiar with the bleed scan tool.

It depends on which caliper you replaced, but on any GM truck newer than 2001 or so it's nearly impossible to get the system to bleed without using a scan tool to activate the bleed procedure on the ABS computer. Even then it can be a major pain to get it to bleed using the procedure sometimes.

We had one of our trucks in the shop last week that took 2 hours to get to bleed.

At this point how does the pedal feel? Squishy or normal? Does it drop slowly after pressing it firmly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The pedal feels normal. I have driven several hundred miles without any problem. I am concerned about the stability system though

Do you have a scan tool to check for trouble codes and see what the computer thinks is happening?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went by auto zone and O'reilly. I asked them to read the codes but the scan tool couldn't seem to connect. I'm not sure if there is a problem with my plug in or that there aren't any codes.

Have you attempted to clear the codes by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes?

You might try that and see how quickly the warnings come back on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I disconnected the battery overnight. The message and lights remained. The radio presets were still there too.

You may have to reset them with a scan tool in that case. Your yukon doesn't have the dual battery set up does it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
I am wondering if there is a problem with the scan port also. The scan tools couldn't connect.

You may need to have it scanned at another shop to make sure it wasn't just an issue with the scan tool at the parts stores. Unless both came up with the exact same result.