Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I am a tech but am newish to ac systems. I installed a

Customer Question
compressor for a customer today...
I am a tech but am newish to ac systems. I installed a compressor for a customer today. His old one was having a problem with the clutch staying engaged. After installing it I vacuumed the system and added 2 ounces of pag oil. Then charged to the amount specified on the car. The high side pressure ended up going up to 450 and the compressor would cycle on and off I tried vacuuming and charging with a Lowe amount and had the same issue. From what I read I am looking at a possible condenser dryer and expansion valve issue. Is that correct and is there any way to confirm the issue or any other possible culprits?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Auto Mechanic: airheatman,
 replied 11 months ago
airheatman

Most likely the expansion valve is what is causing the high head but I would go ahead and replace both.

I ordered the expansion valve condenser and dryer today. I'll let you Know how it turns out