Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Changed the engine in my 2006 Acurra MDX The battery is fine…

Customer Question
Changed the engine in...

Changed the engine in my 2006 Acurra MDX The battery is fine the motor turns over nice and fast there is no fuel or spark checked all four fuse boxes and no burned out fuses. Does the ecu need attention?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No it does not the battery is fine it has been load tested

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

As you can see in my first post

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
9/16/2017
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

eric here...time to take aa step back and take a look at all you did. first of all did you ck the fuses with a test lite and ck both sides of the fuse each and every one with a test light

No just checked to see if they were burned out They were all working a wee ago.
Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

h​ave you checked all the fusses with a test lite? on both sides of the fuse? if you aren't getting power to the fuse it doesn't matter if fuse is good or not make sense?y