Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2006 Mercedes E350. I recently had the serpentine belt and…

Customer Question
2006 Mercedes E350....

2006 Mercedes E350. I recently had the serpentine belt and all the pulleys changed. In addition, I had the intake manifold changed. Now the engine light is on and the car is idling really really bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: What shape is the serpentine belt in? Is it cracked, shiny, or frayed? And have you ever replaced one?

The old one was replaced with a brand new belt. I did not do the work myself but had someone a neighbor referred do the job

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No as I indicated in the previous text I had a mechanic that a neighbor referred do the job

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it in a nutshell

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Auto Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you scanned for trouble codes?

the code is PO0016 & PO0017

thats cam timing codes generally its balance shaft chain or the main timing chains stretched very common failure

john  aka eauto
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy