Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Second opinion] My 2003 LeSabre squeks when driving slower…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My 2003...

Second opinion] My 2003 LeSabre squeks when driving slower speeds. It does not seem to squeak at higher speeds--on the highway. I have tried to see if it squeaks when I push down on the front end and it doesn't. The struts were just replaced about 6 weeks ago. My brother-in-law did that. He owned the car before me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Front of the car and I just noticed it about a week or two ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do not work on it. My brother-in-law had the car until the 1st of July. Just before he turned it over to me he repaced the front struts. I do not know what else he may have done in this regard

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has 64,000 miles on it which is pretty low for the year of the car and is in excellent shape except for this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
9/16/2017
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

There are quite a few things that could be causing a squeak. It will most likely require some in person diagnostics to determine exact source of the noise.

The noise is likely also present at higher speeds but isn't audible due to road and wind noise.

The problem may be suspension related, possibly brakes, steering, or you could actually be hearing something like a heat shield or exhaust clamp rattling depending on the exact characteristics of the noise.

Does the noise seem to happen when you hit bumps?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician