EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Torque specs for front struts

torque specs for front struts

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Are you talking about the nut that holds the spring on, or the mounting bolts for the strut to the car?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mounting bolts to secure the strut to the car

Ok. They should be 70 ft/lbs

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
70 upper or lower? can you please send me over alldata document or OEM doc? also does upper bolt gets torqued loaded or unloaded?

Upper is torqued unloaded. Both lower bolts are tightened to 70 ft-lbs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

CLICK HERE for page 1

CLICK HERE for page 2

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.