Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2002 saab 9-3 convertible. This is a no start issue. Turn

key on. SID says "check...
2002 saab 9-3 convertible. This is a no start issue. Turn key on. SID says "check ok" from what I read this means all systems go. We have spark, car tries to fire with ether. We have fuel pressure 46 psi while cranking. Replaced crank position sensor. We have power at injector plugs.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Tried park and neutral. Same result. The car turns over with no issues.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My initial flight and what I've done are my opening statement.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an identical car that runs we can use for parts, don't really want, it's the wife's car. Lol. But at least it's a work in progress and not on the road.
9/13/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Have you checked for injector pulse? Do you have rpms while cranking? Does the theft indicator light go out while cranking?

Have put a bosch2 noid on it, no blinking. We have rpm, and theft light goes out

ok so you arent getting pulse from the computer.

Correct

you are going to need to check continuity from the computer to the injectors

Ok. Do you have a diagram of the pin out ?

let me check

Hers a diagram of the injectors circuit. I will be looking for a pinout for you

Would mass air flow sensor screw with the fuel. I have a spare car that runs. I could swap that out.

it would not cause the injector to not pulse

there are only 2 things that could be bad. the wiring between the computer and injectors or the computer itself. normally its the computer.

Ok. I was hoping not that. But let me check the wires. Just printed diagram out. There are little numbers on them and color codes. See what I can see

ok,

Dave. I found a pin out. Did the continuity on the harness. All ok. So it's time to find a computer. I figure saab won't let me just swap from the other car.

it may just do that, just to see if you get pulse, but as far as their anti theft it may only give a mismatch fault that should not keep the injecotrs from firing

Ok. Thank you for all your help. I need you as a Facebook friend. But I know you make money from here with your technical expertise. Have a great day and thank you again

look me up

Ok. Thank you.

you're welcome. please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. thank you have a great week

Ok. Cool.

you'll be amused with some of my posts Im sure. Take care

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
Which David Craig are you ? Lol

piitsburgh

Once again thank you. I found someone who will put in a computer and marry it for 325. That's pretty fair. I'll let you know how it goes

very good, and yes, please let me know.

Can do also sent a friend request on fb

ok, cool

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic