Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Needs a flush but can only due a home change right now.

Hyundai accent 2012. What should...
Needs a flush but can only due a home change right now. Hyundai accent 2012. What should I use and can I do a partial flush with full run thru til comes out clean my brother a master mechanic plus recommend this. But had cancer and was unable to before he passed. Yes I was emotionally devastated. Car has 133,000 miles on it
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes using professional friends with great experience, car rebuilds etc. Will use video for full details
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Amount and can we do a flush even if means partial pill apart
9/13/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

what are you looking to flush in the system?

Transmission fluid
2012 Hyundai accent

so a drain and fill will be ok for that, every 30k and you should be fine, im not a huge fan of the flushes, they tend to cause problems

Sounds good. What type of fluid should I b using? Manual got lost. Has 133,000 miles all highway high speed driving in feneral

make sure you get the sp3 Hyundai fluid, they have alternatives but I would only use this

Basic procedure? Understand no filter replacement
What quantity? And any special steps besides dropping drain pan?

that transmission has a filter but the case needs to be stripped in half for the service, so just a drain and fill, it shows full capaticty is 7.7 qt so prob 2 less than that to account for the converter

I want just under 6 quarts. Of Sp Hundai fluid to change and I'm good right Shawn?
Left out sp3

prob wont take that much but they will give you a specific amount if you get it from the dealer good to have though and be on the safe side

Any problem getting it on Amazon, if able, I'm 55 miles from dealer. Saves time money wear and tear ?

no anyplace online is fine

Thank you Shawn you've been a great help. I really appreciate your quick clear accurate service. Have yourself a great day. Kriss

thanks you too let me know if you have any more questions!

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
You are already guaranteed that rating and will b used for return service. Thank you very much. Seems I've put my insomnia to very productive use today. Bye
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician