Michael Solis
Michael Solis,
Experience:  Lead Tech at Solis Auto Repair
99786211

Put a reman tranny in a 2006 dodge ram2500 48re cause they

put a reman tranny in a 2006 dodge ram2500 48re cause they said i had a internal leak code po868 still come back
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2006 dodge ram 2500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put a reman in and yes i did it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life. I just did extensive research on the code your experiencing & it all leads to what I think the issue is, with only one possible issue, (& it definitely says nothing about an internal leak). Would you like for me to provide you with assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please

ok, no phone call required.

So basically the basics of course, make sure the transmission connector is on securely. Once you double check all is good, then you continue on to the next procedure which I think is the issue. The governor pressure solenoid & sensor is likely the issue. Get this, if you buy from the dealer OEM it has more likely chance to fail than the aftermarket part!

Would you like the procedure now?

Tons of people saying do not buy that part OEM from dealer, they are likely not going to work

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried sensors twice plus reman came with new

ok, but with aftermarket? or OEM? Again OEM will not work

I can give you the procedure if you like to double check it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will buy oem tommorrow and try

If it has in fact been replaced with after market, then we can also say its a possible wiring issue with the fan clutch. If the fan clutch has any shorts or cuts, It goes directly to the governor sensor and will also cause that code.

Find out if aftermarket was installed. do not again DO NOT buy from dealer OE, AFTERMARKET IS BETTER

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the wires to fan clutch

It would also be wiser to diagnose it before trying parts. Pleas let me know if you do not understand this procedure.

1. Monitor the voltage of the governor pressure sensor. It should never go below 0.4 volts and never go lower than what it reads with key on engine off.

2. Check the Vistronic fan clutch wiring for shorts. If the 5 V reference wire shorts to ground, the 5 V reference to the governor pressure sensor also goes low. A code may set for any 3-wire sensor with a 5 V reference.

one moment

The wires are located on the fan clutch

as shown here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K cause all this started after I hit a big chuck hole at 50 miles a hour

Do you happen to know if oe was installed or aftermarket?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know will have to call central transmission to see what parts they use

Ok, because OE would cause a failure. So long you follow that procedure, You will know if its the fan or the governor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K I will check it out tommorrow thank u 4 your help

A short in the wiring of the fan is what I meant to say.

No problem! It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & expect a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yep i got that i hope that is the problem ive researched it and all along i thought it was a wiring issue after hitting a chuck hole u have been a big help thanku

No problem! let me know if you need anything else.

Did you get it going?