Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Ihave problems with my sprinter dpf filter light is on the

Ihave problems with my sprinter...
Ihave problems with my sprinter dpf filter light is on the vehicle has no power and is missing but at times it runs good with no power
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: What year is your Sprinter?
Customer: 2010 185 000 ks
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had it at one place but have it at home now i suspected dirty fuel but need to check the tank where i had it they didnot have a hoist heavey enough to lift it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the people that had it foundfault codes p24630soot content to high dpf d21127 throttle valve jammed clpsed actuator is blocked they recommend drain and clean the tank
9/13/2017
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello per the codes you need to have the sprinter regenerated to clean the dpf filter out, this can be done with a mercedes scan tool, if the dpf is too clogged you will need to remove it and have it professionally cleaned , if this cannot be done then you need to replace the filter.

for the throttle valve you may need to replace it or check it for carbon , the plate is sticking and causing this code.

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician