Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Car bucks/studders under load. 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T. Only

Car bucks/studders under load ...

Car bucks/studders under load

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, only checked ignition coils so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

It's less than 8 months old. Alternator charging at 14v

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a 5spd manual, only studders on full acceleration

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

is the check engine light on ?

will the check engine light blink ?

any idea on the codes set in the computer ?

No cel's
Cel doesn't blink
Cel does come on and off when I turn key so it's not disconnected

if you only feel this under heavy load 99 % of the time it is a bad spark plug or coil

start will all new spark plugs and if it still does this buy 1 coil then keep swapping it to each cylinder until the bucking stops

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Technician
No idea on stored codes. Only use 93 octane, tested coils by unplugging one at a time, rpm dropped after I unplugged each coil
I'll replace spark plugs and get a new coil just too make sure. Thanks for the information.

anytime