Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2010 Range Rover Sport 92000 miles Tire Pressure Monitor…

2010 Range Rover Sport...

2010 Range Rover Sport 92000 miles Tire Pressure Monitor Fault has come on for the first time? Is this a Land Rover Service issue only?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

Tires are brand new from 05/2017. No issues until today. Outside temp here in Minnesota is 79 degrees but just went out after 2 hours to restart car to see if went away but still comes up with TPMS fault. Tires would be of normal temp?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do not fix anything on the car myself and have tried nothing. I do know that it is overdue for the 82000 mile service but we were planning on turning car in over the ext 6 months so I decided not to do. It has otherwise had every mileage threshold service through Land Rover dealership here in Minneapolis.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Hopefully that will give him enough information to give us a recommendation (to dealer for evaluation likely?)

9/12/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Have you checked the pressure in all the tires to make sure they are at the correct pressure?

No

Ok. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding.

Ok. First, you'll need to check the tires and make sure they are set to the correct pressure. If the tires are at the correct pressure, then there is a problem somewhere in the monitoring system. On these vehicles, there is a known issue with the Tire Pressure Sensors, so more than likely, this is going to be the root of the problem. There is a pressure sensor located inside each tire as part of the valve stem assembly. Although this issue will not "require" a Dealer, if you do not use the Dealer, a high-end tire shop will be needed. To determine which sensor is at fault will require the use of a scan-tool that can read the outputs from these pressure sensors. Once the faulty sensor is found, the tire will need to be removed from the rim/wheel and the sensor replaced. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Thank you for great information you have been very helpful. Will give*****Wagner

You're very welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!