David Gieswein
David Gieswein,
Experience:  Automotive technician at Doug Gray Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep
94072907

The generator has been running fine, suddenly it just shut

The generator has been running fine, suddenly it just shut down, thought it was out of gas. Fired it up ran for about 15minutes shut down again. Now it will start but as soon as it starts getting the rpm up it shuts off as if you turn the key off. Oil is at proper level, it is on a level surface.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I maybe able to help. Have you tried leaving the engine on partial choke and see if it stays running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried chock in diferent positions
This is a new generator only has 19 he on it with fresh gas

Oh wow, has it always don this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it just shut down, I thought it was out of gas. It wasn't. I started it back up ran for 20 min shut down again. Then this problem started. It will start and start running and then shut down immediately

If you are sure the oil level is correct like you said, I would like you to try disconnecting the oil shut down wire and see if it will stay running. You can locate the wire going to a sensor that is either screwed into the block or goes into the case.

Another test you can do will require a voltmeter. You will need to set your meter to AC voltage and test the voltage coming out of one of the plugs before it shuts down.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The wire disconecting wire worked, I Wil keep an eye on oil level. Thanks alot!!
We are in the Florida hurricane area with no power

Bless you, I hope things get better for you guys. Please rate me on my response.

Please rate me so I can get paid for helping you, thanks.