Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a dead battery in my 1995 Bentley Turbo R and want to…

Customer Question
I have a dead...

I have a dead battery in my 1995 Bentley Turbo R and want to know how to get the boot open

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are in the fuse box and trying to figure out which one controls boot lock or locking systemj

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
9/11/2017
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

A flat battery means you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car