Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

WHERE IS THE MOTOR OIL DRAIN PLUG ON AN EQUINOX 2014. WHERE…

Customer Question
WHERE IS...

WHERE IS THE MOTOR OIL DRAIN PLUG ON AN EQUINOX 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES . NOTHING WAS DONE SO FAR TO REPLACE THE OIL .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

JUST WHERE IS THAT PLUG

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Auto Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Does this Equinox have a 4 cylinder or a V6 engine? thank you.

4 cylinder

You see the plug in the top of the oil pan there? that oil pan is upside down, but if you picture the oil pan turned over, the plug will be at the bottom of the oil pan, and it is a 15mm size. Does that answer your question? thank you.

Are you changing the oil now?

If so you will need a 32mm socket or 1 1/4 socket up top to get the oil filter housing out. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.