Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a Land Rover LR2 2012 and yesterday I was sitting in…

Customer Question
I have a Land...

I have a Land Rover LR2 2012 and yesterday I was sitting in the car with the engine running and all of a sudden it died and won't start. INo cranking or anything when brake pedal depressed and start button pushed, and in park mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery all check fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LR2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have checked all fuses and found one 15A fuse blown (Engine Management control) and replaced with no change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have the following dash warning lights illuminated: Check Engine Light

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
I also have a Passenger Airbag light lit.
I have a Foxwell NT630 Diagnostics scanner that reports the following fault.
U0154-00 (Lost communication with the vehicle restraint occupant control module
Also, battery light on dash illuminated after engine died as well as Low Batt displayed on radio display.
I hooked up battery charger and charged to full capacity and rehooked up to vehicle and Batt warning went away on both displays.
9/12/2017
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that will cause a no start condition and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. If it died while running and now will not crank then I would first suspect the engine controller isn't awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground.

Does the fuel pump run when the ignition is turned on?

Where is it located? So I can check
In the fuel tank.
IT COMES ON WHEN START BUTTON IS PRESSED

Is there any noise from the engine compartment when attempting to crank?