Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I removed the timing belt before I new what I was doing, I…

Customer Question
I removed the timing...

I removed the timing belt before I new what I was doing, I never worked with double over head cams especially the land rover 2.5 V6 freelander with two timing belts at the rear of the engine I need to know How I can find the right timing sequence from scratch. when I put the pin at the flywheel the front marks they do not aligned I need help please to do the proper alignment Thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
9/10/2017
Auto Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what year is this ?

2002
2002 land rover freelander 2.5 V6
marks on engine and belt wheel not aligned

when the flywheel is pinned one gear on each back side should be pointing at the safe make in the block

there is a tool that blocks the flywheel in place and the mark in front from crankshaft wheel and engine arrow are not aligned
that's correct

with that in the lower should be aligned with the safe mark

if not if you turn it until its at the safe mark can you then lock it ?

OK what I want to know according to manual how I can find the dead center in this particular engine starting from scratch and align the marks from the front belt gear and engine mark to the double camshaft rear gear to put the engine on dead center
are you still there