Michael Solis
Michael Solis,
Experience:  Lead Tech at Solis Auto Repair
99786211

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2.4 Base, Codes set U2105-00,

2008 Pontiac Solstice 2.4 Base, Codes set U2105-00, U2107-00, U2106-00, U0073, P0120, C0161, lost speed indication, tach and fuel gage, have ABS light, fuel light, stabilitrac light, security light, car continues running, upshift very hard, downshift very hard, A/C inop, Cruise inop, if I turn the car off it will not turn over and Innova 3040d will not connect, disconnected and reconnected negative battery lead, OBDII reader connects and car will start
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Solid, Cleared codes, came back, Not sure how to reset security system
JA: Are you fixing your Solstice yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried reseating throttle body connector and connector just inboard of air box, checked that 3 connectors on the 2 modules next to windshield washer tank were seated and not loose
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it

Hello! My name is***** am so sorry you have not been helped yet. Would you still like some assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to know where to start based on the number of codes being set.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have the car at hand right at the moment.
Ok I'll will get to a computer shortly and help you out.

Do you have a scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Innova 3040d

looks like either the ECM went out or the TCM went out

I will give you to test procedure but may require scan tool

also, do you see the check engine light come on when you put key on engine off bulb test?

1. Install a scan tool and check for communication with as many modules as the scan tool will support and note what trouble code is stored in what control module.

2. If the communication is isolated to the Transmission Control Module (TCM), turn the key off and disconnect. Using an ohm meter, measure across terminals.

3. At the TCM, measure across terminals 37 and 38 and expect 120 ohms. Measure across terminals 6 and 7 and expect 120 ohms.

4. Verify power and grounds are adequate at the TCM. If the tests pass, replace the TCM.

1. Remove the glove box and the right side close out panel under the Instrument Panel (IP).

2. Locate the Vehicle Communications Interface Module (VCIM) right of the glove box.

3. Verify all the connectors at the module.

4. Place an ohmmeter between pins 14 and 6 of the DLC. A correct resistance value will be 60 ohms +/- 10%.

5. Pull, tug and wiggle all harnesses and connectors at each of the modules on the High Speed LAN Network.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the eng light comes on and stays on when key is turned to run without starting
One of the modules is not communicating could be TCM, disconnect the tps do you see a 5volt on one of the pins?
Engine off key on
If you get no 5volts on the throttle sensor then pcm is likely the bad one
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have the car at the moment. The pics from the scan tool were taken Sunday when I drove the car. I will pick the car up tomorrow after work. I can check the voltages and resistance then.
When these codes set the scan tool will not connect, I have to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it to reconnect and I can start the car at that point.
Sounds highly likely the computer is bad if that is the case. Check for 5v first on Throttle sensor. If none then you have a bad computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By the computer do you mean the ECU?
The brain of the engine considered as ECU or PCM or ECM
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** check all this tomorrow
Ok no problem