Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

The sevice engine soon light comes on and when driving the

the sevice engine soon light comes on and when driving the heat light coes on where is the temperature sensor located
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: ned ton know where to find the sensor
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2005 suzuki grand vitara
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: groundwires cleaned and cleaned plug with cleaning fluid for wires and put them back together achanged throttle position sensor and pulse selioniod top and bottom ones and the canister
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

the engine coolant temperature sensor should be located at the top front of engine and has 2 wires to it, a green/yellow and orange/black.

This diagram shows it at c10.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

here is also a procedure for replacing it and testing it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband is looking for it right now

ok

Did he find it yet?

I assume he did or you would have said so, so kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.