Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I'm looking for the alternator fuse in the fuse box.. My van…

Customer Question
I'm looking for the...

I'm looking for the alternator fuse in the fuse box..

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

My van has been dying out. I want to check the fuse for the alternator bc it's a big job to take the whole thing out.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Auto Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What is the year, make, model and engine size of the vehicle?

2007 Nissan quest..3.5

Give me a couple of minutes to boot my database.

The alternator is a fuse link rated at 140 amps,

Do you show battery voltage at the large post on the alternator with the key off?

Does the charge light come on with the key?

Reads 12 on or off.. Battery light goes on. Could u tell me where the fuse is

I cannot show you the large fuse. since you have battery voltage to the large alternator post then that fuse is good.

There are two others involved, one for the battery light (must be good light is on) and one for the stator.

In the fuse link box under the hood it is fuse 26 which is a small/mini 10 amp fuse in the left side as you stand in front of the vehicle.

Click here for diagram

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician