TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Ok my male plug that goes into my generator outlet does not

ok my male plug that goes into my generator outlet does not match. stores are closed. need this so I can run to my transfer switch. can I aletr the pole that does not match
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: coleman 6250
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes have no help. we expecting Irma sunday here in flrorida
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can I take pug off ans just push wires into outlet on generator

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok so what plug do you have now and what is its rating and what are you trying to plug it into?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 prong 20 amp 125/150
Pluggi g into coleman generator.
Plug in does not match out on gen.
The prong that has the little flange on it goes the opp direction. Can i cut that flange off? We are in middle of hurrican irma and no stores open

should be fine just make sure you get your 2 hots ground and neutral correct

x and y should be power g is ground should be the connector with flange and w is your neutral

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
flange is white currently.
I am hooking other end to my transfer switch wired to electric panel

let me know if you run into any more snags

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks bro! Gonna go try now

hows everything working out?